Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

My Friday didn't go as planned. I decided to skip golf with the seniors. The day went from wet and dreary to spectacular.
Since I didn't play golf, we did things as a couple. Our first adventure took us to Great Barrington to pick up an item which Linda purchased during the radio auction a week ago.
We did lunch at the Barrington Brewery. The lunch was wonderful.
We headed home so that I could get ready for the rescheduled downtown cleanup which started at 2:30 PM. I put on my work clothes, and loaded up my car, but I wasn't feeling that good. The ill feeling wasn't from the lunch food. One of the side effects of the antibiotics (generic), which I am now taking, was exactly how I was feeling. My leg where the wound was located was swollen also. I made a decision to go to bed instead of going to the downtown cleanup. After a two hour nap, I perked up a bit.
We headed to two places to do our final shopping for flowers and bushes. If all goes well today, everything will be planted. This means that the Curley's deck and yard will be in such good condition that we will be ready to entertain. Also, I will have time to return to the links to participate in a little golf.

By 7:30 PM, we needed some food since I started to return to normal. We hooked up with another couple, who usually has eaten by this time, for supper at the Shamrock. The place was mobbed compared to last Friday night. We couldn't figure out what the big change was that made people want to dine out.

News -- How about the pharmacist who shot and killed a masked teenage who was trying to rob a pharmacy in Oklahoma with an accomplice? As the perpetrator was lying on the ground,after being shot, the pharmacist pumped four extra shots into the robber. The NRA, and most citizens say that the pharmacist was justified in what he did. Any thoughts from my readers on the subject?
I say "chalk one up" for the good guys. I work too hard for all my possessions, and I have a right to defend myself, my property, and my family.

Politics -- The Supreme Court nominee is running into a little difficulty from things that she had said at a Latino festival several years ago. We have all said things in the past that we regret that we have said. This shouldn't hold up her appointment.

I am ready to put on work clothes, and get to the planting and the laying down of the mulch while Linda is still sleeping.
We have already decided where all the flowers are going. Linda is better at doing the two flower pots unless I decide not to wait for her.

Have a great weekend.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: