Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our trip to the Christmas Tree Shops went well. I got weak after about 3 hours of perusing, and purchasing items in the store. When I say the words: "I got weak", this means that I was ready for some food. UNO had a very nice lunch special so that my weakness soon disappeared. By about 3 PM, we headed back to the Berkshires.
We stopped in to see Mom at the nursing home, but she was fast asleep.

Linda had fun at her BONCO session. By the time she arrived home, I was dosing off and on so I headed straight to bed.
I was trying to watch the Red Sox, but they lost another one in Minnesota.

Social Calendar -- Linda has two events today. Her first one is a brunch with the PHS retired ladies. They are traveling to a south county restaurant for brunch. One of the retirees has a grand son who owns a restaurant. He is providing a gourmet brunch for the ladies.
A bunch of us ate there before (Cafe Adam), and we thought that the food was excellent.
Linda is out again this evening for a retirement party of a female friend of ours. She is one of us baby boomers who stayed home longer when she had her children so she had to work a little longer to get her full pension benefits.
I have a couple of errands to do, and then I might attack the shelves in our garage. They are out of control, and we can't find anything. Actually, I am kind of embarrassed to let anyone come in the house through the garage.

Politics -- Newt Gingrich doesn't like the President's choice to fill the vacancy on the Supreme Court. I have a problem with Newt. It is mostly with his name. Every time I hear the name "Newt", I think of a salamander slithering from water to land. Newt has been slithering in the political arena, and he seems like he is gathering momentum at a run for the Presidency.

Have to go, and do some quiet chores.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: