Sunday, May 3, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

It was a pleasant day in the Berkshires on Saturday. The sun did come out for several hours, and I did get a chance to wash both cars before we headed off to the Kentucky Derby Party.
Not many people at the Derby bet on the winning horse. The wife of my golfing buddy, who is a neighbor a few doors North of us, picked the winning horse. She won $100 on a two dollar bet. I asked her why she chose this particular horse. She said that the word "Bird" was in the horse's name. She didn't look at the odds which were 50 to 1. I asked what the significance of the word "Bird"? She said that there is a bird which keeps on pecking at one of her windows at her house. Birds sometimes do this because they see a reflection of themselves in the window, and they think that it is a competitor.

Mom -- I never went to the hospital on Saturday. I never talked to my sister or father either to find out how dear old Mom was doing. I will be getting dressed after sending this e-mail, and make a visit to Berkshire Medical Center. I am not sure if the therapists work on the weekends. I am guessing that the doctors will want to discharge Mom at some point next week. To where, I have no clue.

Sports -- My Red Sox and Celtics won their respective contests on Saturday. I fell asleep watching both of them. The Kentucky Derby Party Mint Juleps might have played a role in my sleepiness. The Boston Bruins Hockey Team plays today as well as the Red Sox. The Red Sox have an early afternoon game in Tampa Bay before they head off to do battle with the Yankees in New York on Monday and Tuesday.
Speaking of the Yankees, their multi-million dollar pitcher had a little trouble in Saturday's game, and the Yankees lost. Us Red Sox fans were heartbroken.

Politics -- A female Republican congresswoman is speaking out on President Obama's first 100 days in office. She said the the President has been doing "too much Taxing, Spending, and Borrowing." If that is what it takes to get the economy turned around, then I am all for it, and I am backing our President.

Well, I have to get the old body moving, and get dressed.
Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: