Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Hello on Wednesday Morning

Linda had fun playing Mah Jongg with her Tuesday group of friends.

After my flower bed, and lawn project, I headed off to the Lee nursing home to see Mom a little after noon. She had just come back from getting her hair done (at the nursing home), and she looked quite nice as well as not looking like a 92 year old person. After a short visit, two therapists came in to take her to therapy. They are working on helping Mom get some up body strength so that she can move herself in bed.

Marie did get discharged from Berkshire Medical Center on Tuesday. With a restricted diet, she should be okay for a while.
Time will tell.

Politics -- The President's choice seems to be well qualified for a Supreme Court Judge. Did she pay all of her taxes?

Don't you just love how President Obama is at ease in front of a microphone? He reminds me a lot of the man who you Republicans called "Slick Willy Clinton" except that he is not a womanizer.

Sports -- My Red Sox lost last evening. It was a pitcher's duel until Jon Lester had his usual one bad inning which the Red Sox could not recover from.

Social Calendar -- Linda and I are heading off to the Christmas Tree Shops today. There are a bunch of items for summer time use which we have on our huge list. Linda has her once a month BONCO session this evening so we can't "shop until we drop."

Observation -- Sleepwear -- Do my readers have different forms of sleepwear? The temperature variations are so great in the Berkshires that I have three forms of sleepwear readily available. I have the summer weight short sleeve, and shorts variety, -- the long sleeve, and pants variety, -- and the heavy duty winter weight variety. Of course, there is the completely naked sleepwear that was used in the first few years of marriage, and before children.
Last night, it was so cool in the basement as I watched the Red Sox, that I actually turned the heat on. I know that some of you think that I am a real wimp for doing so, but who cares if a little happiness costs a few bucks extra.

Have a great Wednesday at work, at play, or at school.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: