Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

I was out in the flower beds at 6:15 AM on Saturday. I woke the next door neighbor up. Her second floor bedroom window faces the flower bed that I was working in first. You might be thinking that how did I know that I woke her up? She closed her bedroom window because I was a bit noisy.

The final phase of planting flowers, and putting down mulch ended at 10:30 AM. We are now ready to entertain on our newly stain deck and screened in room on the deck.

This is exactly what we did last evening. We had an impromptu supper with another couple. After some cheese and crackers, and some grilled Kielbasa, I grilled some vegetables, boneless pork chops, and Linda made a delicious rice to compliment the meal.
After supper we played several hands of cribbage with the men versus the women. The men won the first three hands and were ready to quit, but the females wanted to play one more hand. They did beat us but the victory was a hollow one.

We are waiting the arrival of our daughter -in-law, and her girlfriend (and baby) for breakfast. They were at their 10th college reunion in Saratoga, New York on Friday and Saturday. It was a Skidmore class reunion.

Social Calendar -- We canceled our planned get away to Cape Cod for a few days. We were going to leave after serving our guests breakfast. The cool and unsettled weather on the Cape was the deciding factor.
Also, I haven't seen Mom in a couple of days. I will be visiting her at some point today.

News -- The Boston Police department was given 200 Military M-16 assault rifles free of charge. Mayor Menino doesn't want the patrol officers to be carrying such powerful weapons. I say the bad guys often have more fire power than the police. The military would even train the Boston police how to use the weapons. I think that the Mayor's position is a big mistake.

Sports -- The New York Yankees are now in first place in their division. The Red Sox have lost two in a row at Toronto. I should have listened to my Yankees friends who kept saying: It was "still early" as the Red sox were beating the Yankees.

Politics -- Let's get the confirmation hearings over so the lady can get to work.

Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: