Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Hello on Wednesday

Dear Friends,

It is 47 degrees, and rainy as I start this e-mail. The weather prognosticators say that the rain will end , and we will reach 68 degrees at some point today. They also said not to get to excited because we are in this unsettled pattern for the next four or five days. Mother's Day will be dry, and a cool 61 degrees. A cookout on the deck doesn't seem like it is going to happen.

Speaking of rain, The Red Sox and Yankees did battle during the rain for almost half of their game at the new Yankee Stadium. The Red Sox ended up winning the game. I went to bed a happy man.

Yesterday went as planned. Linda was exhausted with her double session of Mah Jongg.

My exhaustion was caused by me trying to be carpenter man. I decided to replace some deck railings, and post caps on our deck before beginning any deck staining. The deck railings are those 2 by 6 inch pieces of pressured treated wood. I use the deck railings to set drinks on.
The rain put a halt to my project around 2:30 PM. I will finish the project when the rain ends today if all goes well.

Linda was nervous and told me to stay focused so that I wouldn't cut off some of my fingers with the electric hand saw.
My evening meeting went well. It was over in less than an hour.
I didn't have the energy to go off to the Irish Session at O'Laughlin's Pub, so I went home to watch the Red Sox.

Mom -- I didn't visit Mom on Tuesday, but I will do so in a little while.

Politics -- It looks like the economy is starting to head in a positive direction.

News -- A Florida man threw his girl friend's baby out the window of his car after a domestic dispute in Florida. The baby was in the car seat at the time. He will be charged with murder. I wonder what excuses the defense will make up so that the person can spend less time in jail. "Stupid people shouldn't breed!" This is not my quote, but I did forget the name of the female who wrote those words of wisdom.

Observation -- While watching the Yankee game on television last evening, there was a guy in the stands behind home plate with a Yankee shirt on. The relatively young guy was bald. As the rain was falling pretty steady for four innings, I was wondering if being bald in a rain storm is a good thing.
The other day, my former vice-principal, who we met a social function, said that I needed a haircut. I told him that he sounded like my mother.
I will have to have Linda give me a trim in a day or so.

Social Calendar -- Linda has two projects to do in the house. One of those projects is one that she is really is trying to avoid. This is a multi-day project of changing from winter clothes and sweaters to summer clothes. I have to be available to move buckets, and take out garbage bags full of old clothes.
Mom and carpentry projects are the only things on my social calendar.

I am pretty sure that we have no social commitments this evening which is highly unusual. I already know what I will be cooking for supper if all goes well.

Have a great Wednesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: