Friday, May 1, 2009

Hello on Friday Morning

Dear Friends,

The book club dinner party went well. The grilled vegetables, shrimp, and grilled boneless breasts of chicken were a big hit too. I thought that I made a pretty large batch of grilled vegetables, but there wasn't much left for the Curley lad.
The women want me to do a repeat performance. I suggested that we do a summertime event, and invite the husbands, and I will whip up a batch of margaritas. They are working on setting a date.
Linda tried a new dessert for the first time too, and I sampled some when I got home from our neighborhood watch meeting.

Speaking of the neighborhood crime watch meeting, it went well too. We had an assistant district attorney present as well as the chief of police, two beat officers, gang task force officer, and the night shift lieutenant there to answer questions and concerns. When the police, and the court officer left, I sampled some of the host's cream Limoncello. It to was wonderful.
Our neighborhood was deemed one of the safest in the city with very few incidents happening in our neighborhood according to the law enforcement officials.
I retold the story about the banana theft, and asked for their advice. They said that the manager of the store has to come forward, and be willing to prosecute. The chief of police, who was a former student of mine, said that the banana theft is a crime. He told me not to be confrontational. Oh darn!
I did get some helpful ways which I could have dealt with the situation form my e-mails readers.

Speaking of the banana theft, I went back to the grocery store and chatted with a meat department (next to produce) employee about the incident. He told me that these people will come in with their whole family, including their children. They will open a 12 pack of juice boxes, and give every one something to drink, but of course not pay for it. They will do the same thing, and open a box of cookies, and feed their whole family, and not pay for it. The worker told me that the store doesn't do anything about the thefts which even got me more upset for a second day.

Mom update -- Mom had three sessions of therapy on Thursday. My sister was with her for breakfast,and I was there for lunch. I will be there this morning. My sister had them get mom into a wheel chair, and gave my mom a ride around the hospital. Mom enjoyed being out of the hospital room. A dietitian came in, just after Mom ate lunch, and she told me that mom was not consuming enough protein. The dietitian said that they have ways to bump up the numbers, and that they will add things to her daily meals.

Sports -- My Celtics and Red Sox both went down to defeat on Thursday. The Red Sox have a chance to redeem themselves this evening.
The Celtics have to win their weekend game since they are tied 3 to 3 with the Chicago Bulls. The one good thing is that they are playing the game back in Boston. Tampa Bay on the other hand has the Red Sox's number as the saying goes. There are certain teams that you have trouble beating no matter how bad that they are during a given year.

Politics -- Am I the only one tired about hearing about "Swine flu?"

Social Calendar -- I have a Mom visit, golf with my seniors, an afternoon nap, and then I am not sure what Linda has for our evening plans. She has enough stuff around the house to keep her busy all day long.

Have a great weekend at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: