Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

It is 32 degrees as I start this e-mail. The frost warning turned out to be a reality. This is exactly why a person can't get too excited about planting flowers this early in the Berkshires.
I do have the heat on to take the chill out of the house, but I will be shutting off the heat in a little while. We are in for a stretch of several days of nice weather.
This means I will return to my deck staining, and the staining of the screened in room on the deck. I won't have Linda around to check for missed spots because she will be busy with Mah Jongg both during the day and night. The night time session will take place at our house.

I have one more meeting to run in June, and my term as President of the local Chapter of UNICO is over. Last night's meeting went well except for the fact that I was a bit wired.
It was so cold yesterday (52 degrees for the high) that Linda and I skipped our respective golf sessions. She went off to the movies with a friend to see a chick flick, and I prepared for my meeting.

I never visited Mom yesterday so I don't know how things went for Mom on Monday. I won't be able to visit with her for least 8 hours today because I have to stay focus with my staining project.

Sports -- The Red Sox are back in action tonight at home. The Yankees are on a roll with so many consecutive wins that they are poised to jump ahead of the Red Sox in their division.

Politics -- A couple of the football players on the Steelers decided to not accept an invitation from the President to attend a White House ceremony honoring the team. If I received such an invitation, I would have been there in a heart beat.

Observation -- As you know, the Curley's tend to be joiners (mostly my tendency). As there were little breaks at various times in last evening's UNICO meeting, I was starting to realize the great connections which I have made with so many people over the past few years.
I am not saying that us men do the same social networking that our female counter parts do, but I can see how important this networking really is.
As a retiree, I am not sure that I could sit home all day, and read a book, or tend to plants in a flower garden, cut the lawn, stain the deck, etc. and just interact with my significant other.
At one point yesterday, Linda knew that I was wired somewhat, and asked me if I had something to do. She actually told me to stop talking, and to stop asking her questions. Most couples want their significant others to communicate with them. Oh well!
Like I always say: "Separation is good."

Food -- Today is a good day for a crock pot supper in our house. When we are both busy, neither of us will have any desire to prepare an evening meal. I am going let the cooking device prepare our entire meal.

Have a great Tuesday at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: