Thursday, May 21, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Wednesday went as planned for the most part. I was on the deck staining before Linda woke up. I went from the upper and lower deck floors to the outside of the screened in room on the deck. By the time that I finished the screened in room, the deck floors were dry enough for a second coat.
Today, I am finally going to put out some deck furniture to cover up the less than perfect job that I did.

After the deck staining, I whipped up an item for today's Third Thursday event which takes place from 5 PM until 8 PM on the main street in downtown Pittsfield. I usually show up around 3:30 PM at our designated spot to set up for the event. This year we are setting up right outside the store owned by an Irish Sister City member. The member, Judy Gallup, owns Pasko Frame and Gift store. This is a good spot because the main stage is located next door to Pasko's.
I am picking up the Irish Bangers at 10 AM this morning. The Irish Bangers had to be pre-ordered since they are not something that meat markets or grocery stores keep on hand.

Around 3:30 PM yesterday, I received a telephone call from my father. He said that they had just brought back Mom from another hyper-baric treatment. He also said that my sister checked herself into the hospital.
My sister had a bout of pancreatitis. She happened to be on the same floor as my mother. Mom is located in the rehab wing, and my sister was located in the observation wing.
I visited my sister first. She was in bed and on pain medication with a fan going in her room. She had a headache because she was hungry. She was not allowed to eat or drink anything. I believe she was going to have an endoscopy today to open up a duct near the pancreas. They will enter through her oral cavity. It doesn't sound like fun.
I then visited Mom who looked great. I stayed through the supper hour, and she ate a meatloaf dinner very well. Mom is still on track to be discharged on Friday. My sister was going to help out with the discharge as I was participating in my Friday morning golf with the seniors. My father said that he would deal with the discharge, and take all of Mom's clothes and stuff to the nursing home. Of course, a feeling of guilt kicked in because my father is not not stable on his feet, and he walks with a cane. There is no way that he can take all of Mom's stuff out of the hospital. Maybe, I can find a few moments today, and pack up the stuff, and bring it to the nursing home after golf.
As I left the hospital. I tried to say "Goodbye" to my sister, and tell her about the great job that Mom did with her delicious supper, but my sister was sleeping like a log.

On a happier note, my Red Sox won. I received a telephone call in the middle of the game from my son Kevin, who was at the game with a friend. I didn't tell him that I fell asleep when the Sox were ahead 2 to 0. I missed a bunch of home runs including Big Papi's first one of the season. The roar from the crowd on the television, and his telephone call woke me up. The score was 8 to 0 at the time. (The Yankees won their game too.)

Well, I have to get dressed, and move some deck furniture, and eventually pick up the Irish Bangers.
Have a great Thursday especially since we will be in the 80's before this day is over.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: