Friday, May 29, 2009

Hello on Friday morning

Dear Friends,

Our Thursday went as planned. Linda's two events went very well.

Me on the other hand, didn't accomplish all of my tasks. I had a doctor's appointment because a blister on my shinbone got infected (after I picked at it a week ago). I am on an antibiotic for ten days. I take a pill four times a day. I have to keep the wound covered bacitracin and and a Telfa pad, and keep dust out of it.
The blister occurred when I was staining last week when I had to use a ladder to stain the screened in room on the deck.
The blister was two inches long before I burst it last Friday.

Our senior golf this morning looks like it might be canceled. We have some morning rain falling right now.
This afternoon the rain will turn to occasional showers.
The downtown cleanup, which I volunteered to do, is still planned (rain or shine), but Linda is nervous about me getting dust in my wound.

If the golf, and the cleanup doesn't happen, Linda and I have a whole bunch of things which we have to do.

Politics -- It looks like the Republicans like the President's nominee for the Supreme Court.

Sports -- I did listen to most of the Red Sox 1 PM game, which they won, while working on shelves in the garage. I had to not only clean the shelves, but cut some left over decking material to reinforce some of the shelves. I did one set of shelves. Does the work in and out side the home ever end?

Our weekend forecast has changed from what was predicted earlier in the week. We are in several days of highs in the 60's after the current front exits the Northeast.

Have a great weekend as May comes to an end.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: