Sunday, May 17, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

We had a pleasant day on Saturday. I was able to cut the lawn, remove two stumps, do some weeding, help my sister install a kitchen faucet in Lee, and take a nap before going to our evening adventure.

Linda had a non physical day, but she was mentally exhausted before we left for the art show. One of the local radio station had what they call a live auction from 9AM until a little after 5 PM. Linda listened and submitted bids all day long on items which we were interested in. We will be picking the items up at the radio station on Monday morning. It will take two people to do so.

The art show was okay, but a bit smaller than I thought it would be. The artist does water color art work of local sites. She creates her pictures during all four seasons of the Berkshires. If we had a good deal of spare cash, I would have bought one, which I liked, for $800. Our friend did purchase a very nice print for $75.

Since the red and white wine, and the few appetizers were nice , but not filling enough, we ended up at the newly renovated and owned Shaker Mill Tavern. A chef, who was working at a now closed Pittsfield eatery, and his brother bought the place. We all had a very delicious meals. The $2 pints of Pabst Blue Ribbon beer were also a big hit for me and my male friend. Yes, we would go back again.

Linda and I are going in different direction today. Linda is going back to the home of the same fiends whom we were out with last night at 10 AM this morning. Linda, our friend, and her next door neighbor are going off to a yarn store called "Webs" in Northampton. I have been their twice with Linda. I think that she touched every piece of yarn in the place before she made any purchases. This place does a huge amount of business nation wide. Most of the shoppers are women, but I did see several male knitters enjoying the two day sale too.

No, I don't have a free day. We have our monthly board, and membership meeting of our ITAM lodge. Linda is really sad that she will be missing the two meeting.

My Red Sox did win their west coast game, The Yankees won their contest also.
The Celtics are playing for the finals of their quarter final round this evening at 8 PM.
I will never be able to stay up and watch the 10 PM Red Sox game.

Politics -- Pelosi and Limbaugh are in a verbal skirmish which makes for good reading.

Have to go, and slowly read the local newspaper, and the Boston Globe.
Linda wants me to wake her up no later than 8 AM.
Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: