Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hello on Sunday Morning

Dear Friends,

Saturday went as planned. I was first up, as usual, and spent the first hours of daylight getting rid of drop cloths, paint brushes , tools, etc. from the deck, and the screened in room on the deck. I tried to do it quietly, but me cranking up the vacuum cleaner at 8:30 AM woke up the whole neighborhood.

After Linda finished reading the local newspaper, we headed off to the Farmer's Market. We spent a least an hour socializing, and purchasing a car load of annuals. after arriving home, I set up some planting tables for Linda, and she went to work. I wouldn't let her take a break until we planted every flower which we purchased. The fun never stopped until 2 PM. At this point every part of Linda's body was going into paralysis.
My role in the whole planting process was the "Gopher" man. I spent my time making sure the potting soil was readily available, as well as washing out flower containers, and hauling the planted flowers to the appropriate places in the yard.
When everything, with respect to planting was done, and put away, we sat on the deck, and had a cool beverage or two. Linda did say that I was a bit too intense, and that she liked to make the planting process fun as opposed to my philosophy which is to complete the project until you can't physically do it anymore.
Flower pots for the deck, and front steps, and work in the flower beds are our next projects. I can't wait for the Linda and Fran story to continue. This book will be called "Fun with Linda and Fran!"

No, our day didn't end with the flower planting. After a quick shower, I put on my cooking outfit, and grilled some Irish Bangers on skewers for the graduation party which was next on our agenda. The Irish Bangers were a big hit, and they were consumed in an instant.
The party was also wonderful. There was much food and merriment, and we wished that we could have stayed until the party ended.

Our final adventure was to go to the movies with two other couples to see "Angels and Demons". Reading the book first is a real must!

We did arrive home just in time to see the Red Sox lose their game in the ninth inning. The Yankees won their game. Oh Darn!

I am up early today because I have four things to do before we head off to another party this afternoon / evening. Linda wrote out a list of those four things, and I have already completed the first task on this list. I need daylight to complete the second task. The third and fourth tasks can't be completed until the stores are open.

Politics -- Everything is kind of quiet on the political front until President Obama's graduation speeches come to an end.

Mom is all settled in at the Laurel Lake nursing / rehab home. My sister is still at Berkshire Medical Center with her pancreatitis problems. She was having trouble holding down broth, and jello when Linda talked to her on the telephone on Saturday afternoon. I better not tell my sister about the great food at the graduation party. There seemed to be an endless flow of food, and beverages.

Observation -- I sometimes get the feeling that people on the highways, and byways want to get in an accident with me. They pull out in front of me, and they tailgate me because they must think that I drive too slow. Driving with me quite an experience. Good thing that I have a great copilot.

Well, I have to start my second project since I do see a little daylight. This project might have to be moved indoors since some scattered showers just started passing through the area.

Have a great Sunday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: