Monday, May 11, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,
It is a balmy 41 degrees as I start this e-mail. The weather prognosticators say that we are in for another repeat of yesterday. We might hit 63 degrees during this cool and sunny day. I turned the heat back on last night.

Yesterday was a pleasant Mother's day for Linda and I. After reading the two Sunday newspapers, we headed off to see Mom at Berkshire Medical Center. Mom was just finishing her lunch when we walked in. Dad arrived shortly after we got there.
Mom had just gotten back from getting her hair done, and she looked normal as ever as she sat in her wheel chair. I did take her for a short ride in the hospital, but it was too cool to go outside. After a couple hour visit, my sister, and her family came into to visit Mom and wish her a Happy Mother's Day.

After the visit with Mom, we headed off to the Mall looking for a possible movie to go to. We looked at the marquee, and decided the movies weren't anything that we had any desire to see. We went home, and I watched golf while Linda did a little knitting.
For supper, we went off to East Side Cafe, and have some wood fired pizza. The place was packed with parents and kids who looked like they had just came back for soccer, and baseball games.

We came directly home, and got into our sleep wear, and settled in front of our respective televisions. I was trying to juggle watching three sporting contests while savoring a book. I went to bed a happy man since all three of my Boston based teams won their respective contests. The Celtics and Red Sox were involved in a couple of "nail biters", while the Bruins shut out their opponents.

Social Calendar -- I have to go back to a little carpentry this morning before picking up a book for Linda at the Library. It is her book that she must read before her next Book Club meeting.
This evening I have a UNICO board meeting at the Italian American Club at 5:30 PM. The Italian American Club also has their annual "Steak & Dandelion Dinner". I am going to try and run a quick meeting so that I can attend this event.
Linda has golf at 3:30 PM, and then she scoots off to a session of Mah Jongg at 6:30 PM.
Monday is only the first day of a very busy week for us.

World News -- Women in the United States should consider themselves very lucky to live in a Democracy after reading the report handed down from a judge in Saudia Arabia. He said that Saudia men do have the right to slap their wives across their face if they spend too much money. I guess that women are second class citizens in this society. The Burka's that Saudi women where hide more than their faces.

Have a great week at work or play!
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: