Saturday, May 2, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Friday went by okay.

My day started with a morning visit with Mom, and an afternoon visit too. She had therapy four times on Friday. I was there for one of them. Just watching two therapists getting Mom from the bed into a wheelchair is a form of exercise in itself. I don't see how dad will be able to manage this task by himself if Mom did come home after her hospital stay.
I did take Mom for a walk around the hospital both inside and out. While passing the family surgical waiting room, I saw a former high school classmate of mine. He was waiting for the doctor to tell him how his wife was doing after surgery. His wife, who taught English at my former high school, had just had reconstruction done on her second knee. She fell, and opened up the surgical wound, and also broke her wrist during the fall. Good thing that we have health insurance to get us through these "Golden Years".
My senior golf didn't happen because of the rainy weather.

Linda spent her day doing errands, and attending at finance meeting at our Italian Lodge.
Her and a girlfriend did supper, and a movie while I watched my sporting contests. Separation is good!

My sister said that she would take the morning shift with Mom so that I could sleep. It sounds nice, but I woke up before the chickens did, and here I am, at the computer.

Social Calendar -- I have to purchase a "Racing Form" newspaper today, and see which Kentucky Derby horse races well in cool, and wet conditions. It really doesn't matter what the odds makers say because the favorite always seems to have trouble winning the race.
The Kentucky Derby party, which have been attending for several years, is a good deal of fun. We see quite a few people whom we know, but whom we don't see that often.

Sports -- My Red Sox lost another one last evening, but the Boston Bruins did win their first game of their semi final playoff round. The Bruins looked like a championship team.

Swine Flu -- A friend suggested that this flu was no worse than the Asian Flu which many of us were faced with during the early part of our life time. We can't go around wearing masks every time we go somewhere.

Politics -- The rumors are flying everywhere about who will replace Justice Souter on the Supreme Court. Our African American Governor's name, Deval Patrick, has been put into the mix. We need him more to fix the multitude of problems in Massachusetts before he makes it to the Supreme Court.

Weather -- We might make it to 60 degrees today, but will won't see the sun at all.

Have a great Saturday at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: