Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,
Our Friday went as planned. Morning golf was more like work than totally fun. It was a wonderful day to be playing in the sun.
After a nap, I visited dear old Mom who just came back from an afternoon hyper-baric session in the medical arts complex right next door to the hospital. Some fruit soaked in grappa perked her right up. I stayed through supper, but had to leave do to an unplanned social engagement.

The fun and merriment on the deck at the Berkshire Hills Country Club ended around 8:30 PM. I did try to stay up and watch the Red Sox game, which started at 10:10 PM, but I could only last one hour.

Today we were going to do some yard work, and spread some mulch, but some more rain is supposed to arrive after noontime.

We are socially engaged this evening. We are going off to a gala opening of an art studio in Great Barrington. Linda and I don't even know the person, but we can hob knob with the rich and famous. We hope the person who owns the gallery doesn't expect us to purchase a painting.

Politics -- My father said that the Curley's are related to the Glendon woman who refuses to speak at the Notre Dame graduation because of the President's stand on abortion.

Speaking of religion -- There was some discussion yesterday about the Celibacy rule with respect to priests in the Catholic religion. My feelings go against the Catholic religion, because I truly believe that "Man cannot live on bread alone!"

My bailout comments yesterday stirred up quite a response among a few of my e-mail recipients. I must admit, I didn't understand all of the responses completely.

Sports -- My Red sox lost while the Yankees won their contest.

Observation -- People might complain about the United States Postal Service, but some foreign countries could use a bit of our expertise. Some friends sent us a post card during the third week of April as they were on holiday in Mexico. The post card arrived yesterday which was a whole month after they sent the post card.
Also the Postal Service is in financial trouble because the internet, cell phones, computers, etc. These devices have replaced letter writing as a way to communicate with people. When you can contact friends and relatives in an instant, where ever they are in the United states or the world, why would you use a postage stamp, and send a letter?
Some of our friends have stopped sending Christmas cards because of the internet. We can see the grandchildren live on Skype any time that we want.

Have to go, and get dressed. Home Depot is calling me right now.
Have a great weekend. The Curley Lad

No comments: