Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Linda and I made it through a busy Monday, but today even has more items on our social agenda.
Linda's golf and Mah Jongg went well.
My UNICO board meeting and the Italian American Club's "Steak & Dandelion Dinner" went well too.
Our Dandelion wine was a big hit once again.

I will be leaving the house first today since the Curley's have a 9:30 AM family meeting at Berkshire Medical Center about Mom.
After the meeting, I head back home to pick up Linda for our trip (40 minute drive) to south county for our REAM (Retired Educators Association of Massachusetts) Luncheon Meeting. Since I am President of the Berkshire County Chapter, I will be running the meeting.
The luncheon usually ends a little after 2 PM.
The day continues on, but back in Pittsfield. I leave the house first once again for a 5 PM UNICO Scholarship meeting.
Linda leaves the house for a 6 PM Irish Sister City meeting while I am at the Scholarship meeting. She will act as the recording secretary (which is my official position) until I make it to the Irish Sister City meeting.
If we have enough energy, we could attend the Irish Session at O'Laughlin's Pub after the Irish Sister City Meeting.

Politics -- Dick Cheney, and Rush Limbaugh got the political ball rolling with some of their comments over the past few days about President Obama, and his approach to solving the woes in the United States.
Since I didn't have any sports to watch, I turned on the television just in time to watch Larry King Live. Larry's guest was former governor of Minnesota Jessie Ventura. He was great, and he refuted anything that Cheney, and Limbaugh said. Since Jessie was a Navy Seal, and Cheny was a five time draft dodger, during the Vietnam War area, Jessie had some choice words about the former President's Bush Vice-President.
Jessie also talked about the Water Board torture controversy. He said that you can get anybody to say what you want them to say just so that they will stop the torture.
He said that we should lift the Cuba embargo since we are now fiends with nations which we went to war with, like Vietnam.
Jessie said that he wouldn't run for President. I like the guy because he doesn't mince words.

Well, I have to create an Agenda for today's REAM meeting.
Have a great Tuesday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: