Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hello on Thursday Morning

Dear Friends,

We have another unsettling day weather wise in the beautiful Berkshires. The rain is going to put a damper on the plans of beginning the deck staining at my friend's home. It doesn't look like starting our project at 8:30 AM is going to happen today.

Our Wednesday went as planned. After visiting Mom just around breakfast time, I came home to be carpentry man once again. I am pretty much done my most of what needed to be done. My next job is to carefully wash the deck in preparation for the staining.

Linda finished one of her two projects. I think she will be attacking her closet today. I suppose that I should do my closet too.

Two of the three Boston teams lost last evening. The Bruins lost in overtime, the Red Sox were beaten at home by the Cleveland Indians, but the Boston Celtics did even their series by beating Orlando on the hardwood floor. The Yankees lost their game in 10 innings so they weren't able to gain ground on the Sox.

Politics -- Another New England State has said "Yes" to same sex marriage. I know some of my readers can't stand the thought of same sex marriages. Yes, I know the typical arguments of marriage: "Marriage is between a man and a woman, and that marriage implies procreation." Marriage implies happiness, and certain rights, like being able to visit a loved one in a hospital, sharing health benefits, etc. I too thought that it should be called a "Civil union" and not marriage, but I have changed my position.
Same sex couples are just like any other male-female couples. The original same sex female couple in Massachusetts, who got this whole issue on the table got divorced, just like the people who sometimes do in the so called "normal marriages." Most of the gay people will tell you that they didn't grow up wanting to be gay. A person shouldn't be penalized because they are born wired differently. No, the gays are not going to take over the world. I say "Live and let live!"

Observation -- A 60 year old Pittsfield third grade teacher dropped dead at her home the other day. It was a brain aneurysm.
This tragic incident just reinforces the fact that retiring when I did was a very good decision. You never know when "your number is up." "Life is Good", so enjoy it while you can. If work brings you life, enjoy that too.

Well, I have to do some quiet chores around the house, and not waist the day because the weather interfered with my plans.

Have a great Thursday.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: