Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hello on Tuesday Morning

Dear Friends,

Hope that your Memorial Day went well. Ours did for the most part. We visited
my sister in the hospital. She did not appear much better than when I stopped in
several days ago. She was talking about being discharged today, but why if there
has been little improvement?

After the hospital visit, we came home to set up for the cookout before Mah
Jongg. This is where I embarrassed myself. I cooked hamburgs, and hot dogs. Two
of our guests wanted their hamburgs cooked more, and I tried to argue that they
were cooked enough. I sort of lost it. The hand crafted hamburgs were made from
lean beef, and I like to take them off the grill before they get too dried up. I
should have just done what my guests requested. If they wanted their hamburg
well done, then so be it. I violated my rule of "not sweating the little stuff."

The ladies did have fun playing Mah Jongg, and they did so until 4:30 PM. I
watched the Red Sox, and finished savoring a book that Linda bought me at the
dollar store while they played their games.

We had hot dog and hamburgs for supper. The grilling season has begun!

Social Calendar -- Linda is playing with her normal Tuesday Mah Jongg group. I
will be visiting Mom at the nursing home in Lee, and then stop in to see how my
sister is doing at Berkshire Medical Center. If I have enough time and energy, I
will be working on a flower bed or two.

Sports -- The Red Sox and Yankees won their games.

Politics -- North Korea had successful Nuclear and Missile tests. The rest of
the world is not happy. I think that North Korea would be better served if they
tried to unite North and South Korea.

Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: