Monday, May 4, 2009

Hello on Monday Morning

Dear Friends,

We had a pleasant, and no commitment day on Sunday.
My visit with Mom went from 9:30 AM until almost 3 PM. I had planned to come home from the hospital after Mom had her lunch, but all of a sudden my sister, and father showed up too. We discussed the next step for Mom after the hospital releases her, which we were told would not be right away. As a family, we did agree that mom should go back to the rehab portion of the Laurel Lake facility in Lee.
Yesterday, Mom seemed to want to sleep more. The nurses and doctors want to cut back on her pain medication because they don't want her to sleep all day long. There is no rehab on the weekend. I am guessing that they have her booked in for several times today.

While I was doing my thing, Linda read both newspapers in peace and quiet before she did some household chores. About an hour before I headed home to watch the Red Sox, she went off to do a little basic necessities shopping at WalMart some of which were clothes for me. The way that I beat up my shirts and pants makes me a candidate for inexpensive clothes.

Sports -- My Red Sox lost a third game out of four to the Tampa Rays' baseball team. In the evening, the Boston Bruins lost their hockey game. I did a good deal of reading as my sports' team were getting beat up. I am reading another top ten book written by David Baldacci called "The Family." It may be fiction, but it is pretty good so far.

Social Calendar -- Linda is booked in for golf with her girlfriends at 3:30 PM, and then she is off to Mah Jongg at 7 PM at a friend's home. She is a substitute for this group of ladies. Rain might put a damper on her golf game.
I will be heading off to Lee to bond with my father this evening. I am going to whip up a couple of sirloin steaks with all the fixings, and we will watch the Red Sox do battle with the Yankees, weather permitting.
I have some Irish Sister City stuff to take care of too during the day.

Politics -- The next 100 days for the President should be very interesting, and hopefully very fruitful.

Have to read the local newspaper, and get dressed before deciding which task to accomplish next.
Have a great week at work or play.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: