Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

Our Friday went as planned except that our senior golfers didn't have our pizza party.
Linda did make sure that Mom made it to the nursing home, and was all settled in while I was in the middle of my golf adventure.

Playing golf once per week is not making me a happy golfer.

I am pretty much done staining even though I have three walls, and the ceiling in the interior of the screened in room left. Linda said that she is tired of the confusion, and that she wants me to finish the staining at my own pace. This sounds good to me.

Our overnight house guest (Linda's godchild) left around 6 AM this morning. Yes, I did feed him a couple of the Curley McMuffins, and some Irish Bangers. He had to get back to the eastern end of the State of Massachusetts because he has a construction job to do in Bolton.

He said that the wake that he went to on Friday night went well. He said that the line of mourners were out the door, and around the corner of the funeral home. I told him that I always arrive at least 15 minutes before the starting time for any wake to avoid the long lines.
After the wake, he hooked up with a bunch of St. Anslem's friends who also attended the wake. They partied at few local watering holes until 11:30 PM.

Linda and I have a busy day coming up. We are going off to the Farmer's Market in search of flowers. If the selection and prices aren't great, we will head off to Walmart and Home Depot which are located right next to one another.
No our day doesn't end with planting flowers. We have mid afternoon graduation party to attend. I am going to grill a batch of Irish Bangers for the graduation party guests.

We are in for a cloudy day with temperatures in the lower 70's which good weather for working outdoors. Spotty showers during the mid afternoon are predicted.

The Red Sox and Yankees lost their games on Friday.

Well, I don't have time to be more chatty. I have put together a square table and four chairs for the screened in room on the deck. Hopefully I can do this so quietly that Linda can get a few more hours of sleep. Yeah Right!

Have a great weekend, and take time out to think about, and thank all the people who spent time in the military protecting all the freedoms which we enjoy today. Even though I haven't had any military experience, I do appreciate all the sacrifices that many men and women have made, and continue to make for us.

Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: