Saturday, May 9, 2009

Hello on Saturday Morning

Dear Friends,

My golf day went okay, but I did not help the team. If I was playing for Coach Bill Belechik for the New England Patriots, he would have benched me.

While I was doing the Friday golf thing, Linda did some errands and stopped in to visit dear old Mom. The surgeon happen to see Mom while my dad and Uncle Joe were there with Linda. The doctor wants to put Mom in a hyperbaric chamber for two hours on Monday which will aid in the wound healing process.
We are also booked in for a family meeting on Tuesday at 9:30 AM. Mom is expected to be discharged on Wednesday. She will be heading to the Laurel Lake Nursing and Rehab Center in Lee. The saga continues!

We ate a quick supper at the Shamrock so that I could get home in time to watch the Red Sox, Boston Bruins , and the Boston Celtics do battle.
Two of the three Boston Sports team lost once again last evening. It was difficult trying to use the remote to watch three different sporting contests while savoring another book.
My beloved Red Sox was the only team which brought joy to me. A come from behind win with the help of a couple of home runs, and great job by the Red Sox bullpen were all that was needed.

Linda is going off with a girlfriend at 10 AM to do a little recreational shopping. This could consume most of the daylight hours on Saturday.

I have to get mentally psyched to attack the flower beds before some afternoon, and evening rains come in. Of course, I have to visit Mom since I did not do so on Friday. I also have to set aside time to either watch or listen to the 7:08 PM Red Sox game.

Mother's Day -- Don't know what we are doing for Mother's Day. We usually have a cookout, and invite most of the local relatives. The weather is usually cold or rainy, and we end up eating inside. We have cool weather in the forecast for Sunday, but we have no cookout or gathering planned. There are a bunch of places offering Mother's Day meals, but we have made no commitment. It might be just a quiet day for Linda and I.
It just isn't the same this year with Mom being in the hospital.

We have another busy week coming up with some days having at least three items on the agenda.
The craziness begins on Monday.

Have a great weekend and Mother's Day.
Talk to you soon. The Curley Lad

No comments: